By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of acid-base balance.
- Interpret ABG results and identify acid-base disturbances.
- Recognize the primary cause of acid-base imbalances (e.g., respiratory or metabolic).
- Determine whether compensation is present and assess the adequacy of compensation.
- Identify mixed acid-base disorders.
- Apply ABG analysis to clinical scenarios and patient care.
- Interpret ABG results in specific clinical conditions, such as respiratory failure, diabetic ketoacidosis, and sepsis.
- Identify the appropriate interventions and treatment strategies based on ABG findings.